Splatoon 3 has got off to a fantastic start – setting sales records and garnering critical acclaim from fans and critics alike. Nintendo has already released two updates for the game this month and now we have a third.
It increases the third title to version 1.1.2. Nintendo of America reminded Splatoon players of this update on social media today:
After the translated Japanese patch notes, Nintendo has now also published the English patch notes on its support page. Here they are in full – covering changes to connectivity, controls, multiplayer and more.
Ver. 1.1.2 (released September 29, 2022)
Changes to Connectivity
- Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors after battles and job changes.
Changes to player controls
- Fixed an issue where players using dualies would stop attacking and enter swim form at the end of a dodge roll, regardless of whether they were holding the ZR button.
- Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller gear ability where the player would enter swim form at the end of their drop roll if they pressed the ZR button while holding the ZL button independently during the drop roll whether he continued to hold down the ZR button.
- Fixed an issue with Splatanas that resulted in players performing two consecutive horizontal slashes after a charged slash, even if they only pressed the ZR button once.
Changes to multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a period of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
- Measures have been implemented to prevent issues where players clip through terrain and get stuck when morphing from swimming form to humanoid form near a tactical cooler placed in the corner of certain maps.
As this update patch focuses on additional fixes for connectivity related issues and fixes for some controls and combat related issues, we have prioritized its release.
We fixed an issue where communication with the server was lost during a battle or job shift due to settings on the player’s network gear and their ISP.
We have implemented measures to reduce communication interruptions and reduce subsequent errors after a fight or job move, even if an interruption occurs.
Additionally, we’ve implemented interim fixes for some issues affecting the feel and feedback of the controls during gameplay.
In the case of the terrain cutting issue when using a tactical cooler, we decided it was more important to quickly release a fix that mitigates the issue than waiting for a “perfect fix”.
If players are found to be harassing other players or otherwise violating Nintendo’s Community Guidelines by intentionally exploiting game bugs, we will take active action, including suspending online play.
The next patch will mainly focus on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside of the current patch.
We continue to monitor and analyze battle data and plan further adjustments around the middle of the current season.
As reiterated, Nintendo will continue to monitor battle data and make further adjustments accordingly. Have you already downloaded this update? Noticed anything else? Tell us in the comments.
#Splatoon #latest #update #live #version #1.1.2 #English #patch #notes #released