A juicy update is coming to Splatoon 3 09/29 for North America and 09/30 for Europe and Japan.
The update is mainly focused on fixing communication issues as well as certain issues that appeared during online battles.
The full patch notes were published by Nintendo Japan, with the following translation provided by Perfectly Nintendo:
Version 1.1.2 – 29./30. Sep 2022
changes in communication
- Additional measures have been taken to solve the problem with communication errors that often occur at the end of battles or Salmon Run shifts, depending on the network environment.
Changes to player controls
- Fixes an issue when using dualies: if you hold the ZL button and dodge roll while holding the ZR button, you will stop firing and switch to your squid/octopus form once the dodge roll is over .
- Fixes an issue that occurred when using the Drop Roller ability: if you press the ZR button while holding the ZL button while performing a roll, switch the moment the roll is over , into your octopus/squid form, despite holding down the ZR button.
- Fixes an issue that occurred when using Splatana: if you perform a horizontal slash immediately after a charge dash, you perform two horizontal slashes instead of one, even though you only pressed the ZR key once.
Changes to battles
- Fixes an issue that caused players to become immune to damage for a period of time after destroying the shield granted by Booyah Bombs.
- Countermeasures have been implemented to address an issue affecting the Tacticooler: if a Tacticooler is placed in the corner of certain maps and players switch to their human form from their squid/octopus form right next to it, they can pick out bound ones areas.
- Fixes an issue that caused the game to crash when exiting locker customization with a photo frame in your locker.
- Fixes an issue affecting the catalog: if there is a communication error or the game ends when your catalog level reaches 100 and the next catalog becomes available at Hotlantis, the event where you can claim the catalog will not trigger again.
- If you have already encountered this problem, after downloading the update, simply go to Hotlantis to request your new catalogue.
- If you attended the first Splatfest and saw the final results announcement but did not receive your Super Sea Snails, the final results announcement will replay and you can claim your rewards.
Notes: This update is a hotfix aimed at providing additional fixes for communication related issues and fixing some issues related to player controls and combat.
Regarding communication errors, we have found that players can get disconnected from the server during battles and Salmon Run moves due to a combination of settings on their network device and internet service provider. We have taken measures to prevent such disconnections and to enable reconnection in the event of an error.
Other temporary fixes have been applied to address some issues affecting gameplay and control responsiveness.
Regarding the issue of players reaching out-of-bounds areas with the Tacticooler, we felt it was more important to quickly provide an incomplete fix rather than leave it as is while we work on a full fix. If players are found to cause inconvenience to other players by abusing this bug, they will be banned according to the terms of the Nintendo Account Agreement.
The next update will mainly focus on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current update. We continue to monitor and analyze battle data and plan to make adjustments midway through the current season.
You’ll need to update your game before you can get back online and wreak inky havoc, so make sure you do so when the update goes live in your region! However, this patch doesn’t appear to fix the hitboxing issue we reported on earlier today.
This latest update follows version 1.1.1, which you can read more about in our previous post.
What are you looking forward to most when you see that this update has been fixed? Let us know in the comments below!
#Splatoon #update #week #full #patch #notes